Five Steps to Your Dream Kitchen Remodel
You are so excited, ready to forge ahead with an exciting new kitchen remodel, and now…suddenly it’s all so overwhelming. We get it! Without a solid understanding of product possible choices, pricing, and kitchen design trends, it’s difficult to know where to begin.[soliloquy id=”11375″]
That’s why we put together the helpful 5-Step Kitchen Remodeling Information below. It’s a useful resource for you first-timers and a refresher path for those who are re-designing their kitchens once again.
1. Make a Checklist
The very first thing you need to do is make an inventory of everything you Want and Need. Go through and circle the Needs, and number them by priority. Do the same thing for the Desires. This can be a handy tool to bring with you as you start to discuss your project with an interior designer, the Benchmark Professionals, and contractor(s). We will be able to help align your list along with your budget, which brings us to Number 2.
2. Know Your Price range
That is crucial. When we say know your price range, we mean know your budget…and stick with it. Always allow 10-15% extra for your Sudden Expenses. You never know what “issues” may turn up in the course of your remodel. (If you don’t need it, you can use it for a weekend getaway to recover from the remodel). In fact, at Benchmark Home Improvements we always honor the price that we quote for our part of your kitchen remodeling project. With the wide variety of fixtures and finishing options nowadays, you’re assured to get a kitchen you like at a price you’re able to afford.
3. What’s Your Style?
The most productive kitchen designs fall into one of 3 categories: Modern, Traditional, or Transitional. What’s your style?
- Modern: Clean lines, angles and edges, and an overall cool aesthetic. Think stainless-steel, streamlined cabinets, and minimum counter-top accouterments.
- Traditional: You prefer a cozy kitchen that reminds everybody of “home”. It’s hard for you to purchase anything else that isn’t natural wood, and you delight in curves as much – or more than – angles.
- Transitional: You prefer a bit of both. Your gourmet kitchen has top-of-the line stainless steel appliances and a natural stone counter-top, however it additionally provides an warm, inviting ambiance.
4. Select Your Kitchen Cabinets
Your style will lead you to the perfect kitchen cabinet selection, when it comes to door styles, finish and/or color.
- Customized Cabinetry: If you are totally gutting your kitchen, ask us about our custom cabinetry. You’ll be able to work with us to layout the cabinets of your dreams.
- Cabinet Refacing: If you happen to be content along with your current cabinet layout but want to update the design, cabinet refacing is the perfect choice. Not only is it eco-friendly, refacing can save you thousands of dollars. You are able to add cabinet space(s) and/or integrate high-end hinges and soft close options.
- Wholesale Line Cabinetry: If you’re concerned about the cost of new cabinets, ask us about our attractive, high-quality, reasonably priced stock cabinetry, right here in the USA.
5. Select Your Counter tops
Your kitchen countertop selection is the most important. Counters reflect your values, kitchen use, and – in fact – your style. Here are suggestions based on common preferences.
- Eco-friendly: Quartz and Corian countertops use post-consumer recycled products, low-toxicity synthetic materials, and are ultra-durable. They’re also low-maintenance.
- Luxury: As well as to Quartz and Corian, Granite countertops are still regarded as a best-shelf countertop finish with countless colors and styles to choose from. You’ll want to make sure you look into a fifteen year seal for your granite surface or you will annually seal it to preserve their natural beauty.
- Budget: Laminate surfaces have come a ways in the past 15 years. Ask to look at samples which carefully mimic natural stone and Corian counters.
Once you have the above five items in order, your choices relating to flooring, back-splashes, and other design options will fall easily into place. And as always, you are able to easily schedule an appointment online for a free consultation. We love to help transform our customers’ kitchens into “WOW Factor’, magazine-worthy interior designs.