Why is the Design Process the most important step of a remodeling project?
The design step of a remodeling project helps to eliminate that sinking feeling of disappointment. The design step is so important to ensure that your end product is what you want and will happy with for years to come. If you’ve ever been disappointed by what you thought was a good purchase, then you understand the feeling of disappointment that comes with it.
Remodeling Process Overview
- Dream it, Design it, Build it! Even the most basic remodel starts with the design process. Another way to think about the design process is project preparation. To help ensure a successful remodel, you have to spend the time designing your remodeling project.
Where to start?
- Contact Benchmark Home Improvements! Give us a phone call or send us an email with some details about your project.
Call Today (603) 262-1147
- We will conduct a brief phone interview to discuss your project in greater detail to help ensure we are a good fit for you and your project.
- Some items we will discuss over the phone include:
- Location and age of home
- Description of the project
- Needs and wants
- Investment amount
- After the phone interview, we will send you some information via email about Benchmark Home Improvements and our process based on your explanation of your remodeling project.
- Once you have reviewed the information and feel that Benchmark Home Improvements would be a good fit for you and your project, we will set up an in house consultation.
- After the in-house appointment and further discussion about your remodeling project, we will update the project costs and email them to you at your request.
The next step?
- Start the design process. Costs for the design are generally 5% of the project costs. Depending on the complexity of the design, the final design costs will vary.
- Our best advice to keep the design costs on budget is to plan ahead, make precise decisions, and stay within the project scope.
Why do we have this process?
- This process starts the ground work to ensure that we are a good fit to work with each other.
- This starts the communication process. Effective, honest, and open communication is the key to a successful remodel.
- We have the experience to know what has worked and what has not worked in the past. With our experience, we have established these procedures to help ensure a successful and enjoyable remodeling experience.