Kitchen Remodeling 101 | 5 Steps to Your Dream Kitchen Remodel
You’re so excited, in a position to move forward with an exciting new kitchen remodel. By now it can feel a bit overwhelming. We get it! With out a solid understanding of product choices, pricing, and kitchen design trends, it’s tough to know where to begin.
That’s why we put together this 5-Step Kitchen Remodeling Guide below to help you along the way. It’s a useful resource for you first-timers and a refresher course for individuals who are re-designing their kitchens once again.
1. Make your Checklist
The very first thing you need to do is make a list of everything you Want and Need. Go through and circle the Needs, and number them by priority. Do the same thing for the Desires. This can be a handy tool to bring with you as you start to discuss your project with an interior designer, the Benchmark Professionals, and contractor(s). We will be able to help align your list with your budget, which brings us to Number 2.
2. Know Your Price range
This is crucial. When we say know your price range, we mean know your budget…and stick with it. At all times allow 10-15% extra for your Unforeseen Expenses. You never know what “problems” may turn up in the course of your remodel. (If you don’t need it, you can use it for a weekend getaway to recover from the remodel). Of course, at Benchmark Home Improvements we always honor the price that we quote for our part of your kitchen remodeling project. With the wide variety of fixtures and finishing options nowadays, you’re guaranteed to get a kitchen you love at a price you’ll be able to afford.
3. What’s Your Style?
The best kitchen designs fall into one of three categories: Modern, Traditional, or Transitional. What’s your style?
- Modern: Clean lines, angles and edges, and an overall cool aesthetic. Think stainless-steel, streamlined cabinets, and minimum counter-top accouterments.
- Traditional: You prefer a cozy kitchen that reminds everybody of “home”. It’s hard for you to purchase anything that isn’t natural wood, and you delight in curves as much – or more than – angles.
- Transitional: You like a bit of both. Your gourmet kitchen has top-of-the line stainless-steel appliances and a natural stone counter-top, however it also provides an warm, inviting ambiance.
4. Select Your Kitchen Cabinets
Your taste will lead you to the perfect kitchen cabinet choice, when it comes to door styles, finish and/or color.
- Customized Cabinetry: If you’re totally gutting your kitchen, ask us about our custom cabinetry. You’ll be able to work with us to design the cabinets of your dreams.
- Cabinet Refacing: If you happen to be content with your current cabinet layout but want to update the design, cabinet refacing is the very best choice. Not only is it eco-friendly, refacing can save you thousands of dollars. You’ll be able to add cabinet space(s) and/or integrate high-end hinges and soft close features.
- Wholesale Line Cabinetry: If you’re worried about the cost of new cabinets, ask us about our attractive, high-quality, inexpensive stock cabinetry, right here in the USA.
5. Select Your Countertops
Your kitchen countertop selection is crucial. Counters reflect your values, kitchen use, and – in fact – your style. Here are suggestions based on general preferences.
- Eco-friendly: Quartz and Corian countertops use post-consumer recycled products, low-toxicity synthetic materials, and are ultra-durable. They’re also low-maintenance.
- Luxury: In addition to Quartz and Corian, Granite countertops are still regarded as a best-shelf countertop finish with countless colors and patterns to choose from. You’ll want to make sure you look into a 15 year seal for your granite surface or you will annually seal it to preserve their natural beauty.
- Budget: Laminate surfaces have come a long way in the past 15 years. Ask to look at samples which closely mimic natural stone and Corian counters.
Chill out and Relax.
After you have the above five items in order, your choices regarding flooring, back-splashes, and different design options will fall easily into place. And as always, you’ll be able to easily schedule an appointment online for a free consultation. We love to help transform our customers’ kitchens into “WOW Factor’, magazine-worthy interior designs.
Cabinet Replacement & Refacing
Call Today. 603-262-1147 | 978-494-4973
Replacing or Refacing your cabinets can completely change the look and feel of cabinets. Our expert carpenters can add custom finishes such as cabinet molding, glass cabinet faces, and under cabinet lighting. We update to your cabinets to suit your design preferences, and leave your cabinets looking brand new.
The first and easiest option to give your cabinets a new look is to replace your existing doors and drawer fronts without doing anything at all to the existing cabinet boxes. This is known as refacing, and is often the quickest and most affordable option.
Your second option is to completely replace your existing cabinets with brand new cabinets, and perhaps a brand new design. Replacing your cabinets will give your kitchen or bath a completely new look since the cabinet boxes are replaced, and often your cabinet space can be redesigned to create more storage, and more pronounced details within your cabinetry. Take a look at our Before & After photos.
Call Today. 603-262-1147 | 978-494-4973
[youtube_sc url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXwKVLyf8LQ” playlist=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXwKVLyf8LQ, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7u3d-SQ9OFA, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fX3pFXqaoY, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTNkANy1kls, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfV3X4jD8SQ, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxZyp2JL5wA, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix9lTei6-_Q, ” ratio=”4:3″ autohide=”1″ fs=”1″ loop=”1″ rel=”0″ hd=”1″]
We are not a franchise or chain! We are a Local, New Hampshire Kitchen Company that supports & employs New England workers.
We are excited to announce that Benchmark Home Improvements has been chosen as “The Best Bets for Adding Value to Your Home in 2015!“
We have a wide selection of door styles to choose from. With hundreds of finishes and colors, to compliment any decor.
- First, an expert from Benchmark Home Improvements will “Bring The Showroom To You,” for a free in home consultation.
- Then, you get to choose between vast our selection of cabinet refacing, all-new kitchen cabinets or a unique blend of both. Of course, we offer new counter top options as well, if you wish, to complete your kitchen remodel.
- Our customers are looking for the most dependable Kitchen Cabinet Refacing company. They rely on us to craft a custom solution that will bring the most value for your dollar.
- Like you, they see the value in a onetime purchase with a local family owned company they can trust. “We give homeowners like you our best advice for free and without obligation whether or not we earn your business.”
Call Now. 603-262-1147 | 978-494-4973
We offer New Hampshire Kitchen Cabinet Refacing Company Serving Boston Massachusetts and Maine Expert advice. We specialize in Cabinet Resurfacing and Kitchen Cabinet Refacing. Serving you in NH, ME, and MA.The Benchmark Home Improvements Advantage:
- Expert, professional design advice.
- Factory trained installers.
- A customized-designed project layout to fit your home and budget.
- Unrivaled labor and material warranty.
- Immediate project quote.
[soliloquy id=”8328″][soliloquy id=”8323″]We offer a variety of payment and financing options so your home remodeling dreams become a reality sooner than you may have thought possible. With Lifetime Warranties on most of our products, you will have Confidence and Satisfaction with your Benchmark Home Improvements.
Call Today. 603-262-1147 | 978-494-4973
[contact-form-7 id=”444″ title=”Contact form 1″]
Benchmark Home Improvements is growing into the most desirable Kitchen Cabinet Refacing dealer in the New England area. We continue to build lifelong relationships with our customers in Exeter, Portsmouth, Concord, Manchester, Nashua New Hampshire, York Maine, Andover Massachusetts and surrounding areas.